Saturday, December 3, 2011

November Favorites, Eats & New Cam pic!

It's that time of the month again! Favorites time! My list of favorite beauty products are very simple this month. It's kept to a few things that I've been loving and getting a lot of use this month. WARNING: This post is super picture heavy. That's because I also bought a new HD camera (I've been camera-happy...oopsie! there's a snapshot of it towards the end of this post). 
On with the favorites.....

1.) Been loving the new Bare Minerals duo pressed shadows that were released early this fall. If you didn't know, Bare Minerals released about 15 or 20 shades of their new shadows. If you're not familiar with Bare Minerals, their eyeshadows are usually a loose product. For those without a steady hand or are generally clumsy (like moi), then you'll most likely spill some products:( This time, Bare Minerals finally released pressed eyeshadows with easy, on-the-go packaging. Those who didn't like their loose mineral shadow could probably now love the new pressed ones. Anyway, about my favorite...this is the first and only duo I have of the pressed ones (for now..hee hee)...The shade I bought is called Epiphany and inside are duo shades of A-Ha (left) and Foreshadow (right). This particular shade is definitely neutral and has one matte (right) and one slightly shimmery shade (left). As you can see, A-Ha on the left, has quite a bit of fall out...but I don't mind. I love these new shadows..They are highly pigmented, so a light hand will do. Another plus, the eyeshadow comes with a large mirror and duo sponge tip applicators. 

2.(MAC Nubile Paint Pot ...forget which collection this came from but it's fairly recent. I believe this is the only item I bought from that collection....Can't remember sorry:( I love this paint pot because it's very neutral but wearable at the same time. You can wear it on it's own or place shadow on top. It's a peachy, pink, light beige color...Love it! I believe it's permanent now...Just checked out MAC's website and it seems to be included along with the other pemanent paint pots.

3.) Origins - A Perfect World with SPF 35- This is a UV Face protector with White Tea. I'm going back to trying Origins skincare products. Some products don't work for me and some do. This time this is definitely a DO! I am really loving this particular moisturizer. I meant to get Vita Zing at Origins but I couldn't stomach the hefty $35 price tag for a 1 oz. item...Maybe next time! Anyway, I have purchase this moisturizer twice already- that's how much I love it. It doesn't leave my face greasy or oily. It does have a slight tint to it making it seem like there's color. But when applied to skin, it blends right in with your skin color.

4.( Inglot 5-Square palette...LOVE...LOVE...LOVE....Period. Just Kidding....I love this palette. This is the Freedom System paletter where you pick your shadows and then buy the case for them. I opted for the 5-Square to try out. Purchased this while I attended IMATS Sydney this past September. I picked a very basic neutral starter palette. I have to admit I am hooked. Inglot eyeshadows are VERY pigmented and their price point is reasonable as well. I can't remember the exact prices of the shadows but who cares??? I love them. 
Pic one from left to right: Matte 354, Matte 349, Matte 376, Pearl 423, Matte 326
Pic 2 swatches from left to right: Matte 354, Matte 349, Matte 376, Matte 326, Pearl 423
I will do a further review of the Inglot line...Ordered some more products from their website...so stay tuned for that.

5.( Lush - Helping Hands moisturizer - Sample....I was given 2 very generous samples of Helping Hands by the SA's at Lush. Walked in there intending on only getting a face scrub (Dark Angels) and walked away with samples and more....This hand moisturizer is great for those who work a lot with their hands that get dry very quickly. The formula and texture is not very heavy...more like light and creamy and absorbs into your skin quickly. I have 2 pots to finish before I purchase the original size.

6.) Aaaahhhh...nail polish...Love anything metallic and purple this season. I like Zoya's Nimu and Rescue Beauty Lounge's Scrangie. Nimue is part of Zoya's Smoke and Mirrors collection. It is a satin pink lavender/gray color. 2 coats will do. Scrangie is part of Rescue Beauty's BIB2 Limited-Edition collection (BIB2 = Bring It Back 2). It's available on Rescue Beauty's website right now if you'd like to grab it before it's gone. Scrangie is a beautiful color...It is a blue tone based purple color with fine shimmers throughout.

7.) This month, I've been into drugstore products...mainly lipsticks. This post won't be complete without the mention of the most wanted Revlon Colorburst lip butters (see previous post for review). Anyway, I have 4 different lip colors here. I realize just now that they are almost similar in color yet not really. I really love the plum, pink, deep burgundy shades for fall and winter. 
Liptsticks left to right: 
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 005 Mauve
Cover Girl Lipstick in 340 Entwined
Maybelline Lipstick in 355 Tinted Taupe
Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm in 085 Sugar Plum
8.) Brushes: these are my go to brushes when applying eye makeup. 
Left to right: Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro flat shader brush in SM C405
Crown Brush C412 Deluxe Pointed Crease brush
Studio Crease brush (from Target)
E.L.F. All over flat shader brush
9.) Last but not least: perfume. I don't have a big collection like some people do. I stick to what I like for years and years and years (Estee Lauder Beautiful). This time I wanted to branch out and try a few things. I didn't take an individual pic of it here but I've been loving the Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau De Toilette spray- its' sweet and fruity- just what I like. Also, been wanting to try Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture. Grab a roll size to try before I commit to anything. My favorite of the bunch and which I am in tears right now because I can't seem to buy it anywhere because it's Limited Edition (why, do they have to be LE???) is the Escada Taj Sunset...It's sweet and fruity and makes you wish you were on an island somewhere...On the hunt for it. Grab a spray pocket size during Sephora's VIB sale...Sad I didn't get a full size:(

That's it....Those are my favorites for November!
Now on to some
RANDOMness....

My PIC "G" from work and I decided to hit up the mall for some serious grubbing. We ate at Jollibee in the mall!
Yup, nothing says to hell with diet (not on one! hee hee- I should, but no) than a big helping of fried chicken, rice, and a pineapple juice:) Ha Ha! I feel no guilt for my meal. 
And G is one happy girl with her Aloha burger & fries! Oh Yum! Too bad we had to go back to work and are now comatose with the all food we ate:)

Seriously....last one! Helllooooo!!!  Introducing my new camera. It's a SONY Cybershot DSC-WX9 !
Excuse the no makeup look...lazy that day! I am loving my new camera. It's what I've been using to post pics here on my blog. Very clear, crisp and very HD quality photos. LOVE! I'll be using the camera as well to post vids on YT - which I haven't done in a long whille- gotta fix computer next!
Anyway, SONY Cybershot just wanted to say hello!


Since it's the holidays, I thought I'd post this pic taken from my office at work. Say hello to my doggie toy sammy...perched nicely on top of my computer...Next week the purple Christmas tree is moving in:)

Hope you enjoyed this post! What are your favorite items this month? Doesn't have to be beauty related...Do share!

'Till next time! xoxo, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...